Participant Eligibility and Suitability: Who can take part in GLA:D?
A GLA:D-based program can be helpful for people with a range of conditions affecting their lower limbs. Clinics can offer their GLA:D education and exercise sessions to anyone who is assessed as being appropriate for and needing that intervention.
Below are the criteria that apply to inclusion for data collection.
Individuals who have joint problems from the hip and/or knee that have resulted in them being diagnosed with hip or knee OA.
- Individuals who have had joint problems due to other reasons, for example:
- Inflammatory joint disease
- Sequelae after hip fracture
- Individuals whose other symptoms are more pronounced than the osteoarthritis problems, for example:
- Chronic, generalized pain
- Individuals who do not understand English