Please do not send referrals to GLA:D® Australia.
You need to refer to your local GLA:D® Clinicians https://gladaustralia.com.au/locations/.
See below ‘Referral Process’ for further information.
- The GLA:D® Program in Australia is delivered by physiotherapists and accredited exercise physiologists who have been trained and certified by GLA:D® Australia.
- GLA:D® is part of the usual scope of practice for these clinicians and is provided through their usual referral pathways and funding arrangements.
- Referrers and participants can identify a suitable provider from the GLA:D® Clinic Locations https://gladaustralia.com.au/locations/.
- Referrals should be directed to the provider using normal referral pathways.
- Further information for potential participants can be found here https://gladaustralia.com.au/faq-for-people-with-oa/ .
- Diagnosed hip or knee osteoarthritis – either radiographically or clinically. X-rays not required.
- Some co-morbidities will indicate exclusion but will be assessed on referral.
- Additional criteria apply for data collection but do not preclude from participation in the education and exercise.
Individuals will take part in a supervised, standardised but personalised program of education and exercise for hip and knee osteoarthritis twice a week for a period of 6-8 weeks.
Please note that GLA:D® Australia provides training to appropriate clinicians, and undertakes requisite data collection, but DOES NOT provide a direct service.
Further information about the GLA:D® program and what is involved can be found here: https://gladaustralia.com.au/glad-program-structure/
Information about GLA:D® International can be found here: https://gladinternational.org/